- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 10 - 11
- Height: 6 - 12 inches
- Bloom Season: Mid spring to mid summer
- Bloom Color: Mix
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Sandy, well-drained soils
- Temperature: 70 - 70F
- Average Germ Time: 14 - 28 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Surface sow seed and press in to soil
- Sowing Rate: 5 - 10 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seeds continuously moist until germation
- Plant Spacing: 6 - 9 inches
Cacti (Cactus Seed Mix) - Growing Cactus seeds is fun and rewarding! Cacti are known to be the ultimate succulent plants, and they add their own unique beauty, dimension and texture to the landscape without requiring much maintenance. Cacti plants are very undemanding perennials.
It's recommended to start this Cactus seed mix indoors using soil that is fast-draining and formulated for Cacti. Moisten the soil well and fill pots. Gently press the Cactus seeds into the soil, but do not cover them. Cover the pots with plastic to hold in the moisture. Place the pots in a sunny window sill as Cacti seed needs light to germinate. As the Cacti seed germinates, gradually loosen the plastic and take it off the pots over a period of a couple of days. Seedlings require more water than adult Cacti plants, so spray the seedlings every few days and as they grow, reduce the amount of water to every few weeks.