- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 5 - 9
- Height: 24 inches
- Bloom Season: July - October
- Bloom Color: Orange
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Evenly moist, humus rich, fertile soil, pH 5.5 - 7.5
- Temperature: 68F
- Average Germ Time: 28 - 56 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Seeds must be covered thinly
- Sowing Rate: 4 - 5 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 16 inches
Crocosmia (Crocosmia Paniculata Hybrida) - Crocosmia are a popular and attractive flowering plant. Native to South Africa, Crocosmia are members of the Iris family and are easy to grow from flower seeds. Crocosmia plants grow two feet tall in a season. Tube shaped flower colors include red, yellow, orange-yellow, and orange with splotches. Crocosmia flowers bloom from July through October.
Crocosmia grow well in the flower garden and in containers on patios or decks. You should experience few problems with your Crocosmia. Use insecticide or fungicide, only if a problem occurs. Crocosmia are tough when it come to winter temperatures tolerating temperatures down to USDA Zone 5.