- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 2 - 3 inches
- Width: 18 inches
- Bloom Season: Summer
- Bloom Color: Fuschia
- Environment: Full sun
- Foot Traffic: Moderate
- Soil Type: Well-drained, gritty, pH 5.8 - 7.2
- Deer Resistant: Yes
- Temperature: 68F
- Average Germ Time: 14 - 21 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Do not cover the seed but tightly press into the soil
- Sowing Rate: 3 - 5 seeds per cell or approximately 500 seeds covers 10 square feet
- Moisture: Keep seed moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 15 - 18 inches
- Note: For detailed directions for indoor and outdoor planting, please Click Here
- Care & Maintenance: See: Ice Plant
Ice Plant (Delosperma Cooperi Table Mountain) - It only takes 4 months, and you will be able to enjoy this ground cover plant and the brilliant fuchsia blooms when you start Ice Plant seeds! This hardy, drought-tolerant ground cover plant forms a ground-hugging carpet that faithfully blooms season after season. A mainstay of the water-saving or dry-climate garden, this hardy Ice Plant is a colorful ground cover that blooms with little to no care!
Table Mountain Ice Plant has foliage that is deep green, almost succulent looking and extremely shiny. The blooms are 1 - 2 inches across and cover the foliage, opening in the morning and closing in the evening. Ice Plants make a great under planting for roses and taller shrubs. They also work well in a container as long as their situation is sunny and well-draining.
Plant Delosperma Cooperi seeds indoors 4 - 6 weeks before last frost is predicted. Use starter trays and sterile potting mix. Press the Ice Plant seeds into the soil but do not cover the seeds. Keep the ground cover seeds moist but not saturated until germination occurs. Transplant outdoors, 18 inches a part when temperatures are warmed. Find a sunny location with sandy, sharp-draining soil. In the hottest climates, Ice Plant would do well with some afternoon shade.