- Season: Annual
- USDA Zones: 5 - 10
- Height: 8 inches
- Width: 30 inches
- Bloom Season: Mid spring to early fall
- Bloom Color: Yellow with white edge
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Environment: Full sun
- Temperature: 70F
- Average Germ Time: 14 - 21 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Sow seed 1/8 inch deep
- Soil Type: Fertile, well draind soil from sandy loam to clay
- Sowing Rate: Approximately 1000 seeds covers 20 square feet or 3 - 4 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination occurs
- Plant Spacing: 24 inches
- Note: For detailed directions for indoor and outdoor planting, please Click Here
- Care & Maintenance: See: Limnanthes
Poached Egg Plant (Limnanthes Douglasii) - Grow Limnanthes Douglasii seeds for this annual that is native to California. Limnanthes is commonly called Poached Egg Plant or Meadow Foam, and it is not only visually very striking and attractive, but it also has a very nice aroma as well. Limnanthes Poached Egg Plant is not fussy about soil, and it will easily and quickly spread, creating a low-growing, shiny, carpet. Each Meadow Foam plant can spread up to 30 inches! Poached Egg Limnanthes is a very long blooming annual with a mass of charming, 1 inch clear white and lemony yellow 2-toned blooms on 8 inch stems. It easily sows its own flower seeds for next year's display. Meadow Foam plants are great as a ground cover plant, and they will grow well in pots too.
Sow Limnanthes Douglasii seeds directly outdoors in a prepared seedbed in spring after danger of frost has passed. Meadow Foam seed should be pressed into the soil and very lightly covered with soil. When large enough to handle, thin the Poached Egg Plant seedlings.
Shaker Bottle With Seed Starting Matrix
Shake 'n Seed - We are now offering shaker bottles filled with our seed starting matrix: rich soil, gardening sand, water absorbing crystals, and starter fertilizer. This not only helps dispense your seed, but it gets it off to a great start! Simply remove lid from shaker bottle, add seed from packet, put back on lid, shake the bottle vigorously for 15 seconds, and then shake your way to beautiful new plants! Use Shake 'n Seed over good quality soil, and then gently water to keep seed moist until it sprouts. Great for ground covers or mass planting flower seeds.