Combat Extreme™ Transition Zone Grass Seed three way turf type fescue grass seed blend that produces grass with fine to medium leaf blades which allow it to form a dense turf. This seed blend has lower growing cultivars. Combat Extreme™ is a great lawn seed for shady areas, something that warm season grasses cannot provide. This fescue grass seed blend produces grass with superior heat and drought tolerance and makes Combat Extreme™ grass seed an excellent choice for professional or home use.
Three Combat Blends To Optimize Varieties:
- Combat Extreme™ Northern Zone - USDA Zones 4 - 5
- Combat Extreme™ Transition Zone - USDA Zones 6 - 7
- Combat Extreme™ Southern Zone - USDA Zones 8 - 10
Each Combat Extreme mixture will perform well outside of the given zone. For example, there is no reason you could not use Combat Extreme™ Transition Zone in USDA Zone 8 or Combat Extreme™ Northern Zone in USDA 6. These USDA Zones are given as optimal guidelines, but not as fixed rules.
Unlike other turf type fescue grass seeds, Combat Extreme has the ability to repair itself. Traditional tall fescue grass seeds will clump together, not filling in the bare spots and producing an uneven lawn. With bare spots, weeds are more apt to take over the lawn. What makes Combat Extreme™ grass seed unique is its ability to fill in these open areas with aggressive tillering.
Characteristics of Combat Extreme™
|Strong, deep root system||
|Produces a thick even lawn grass||
|Excellent color and disease resistant||
|Rapid germination and quick spring green-up||
|Higher value for the home owner than conventional tall fescue grass seed||
Blending fescue grass seed varieties together that have top performance on some of the desired characteristics allows the lawn to adapt itself to various conditions. In the shady areas, the grass seed varieties with good shade tolerance will prevail, in the high traffic areas the best wear tolerant grass seed varieties will prevail, etc. The result is a beautiful lawn grass everywhere, from the same seed blend.
Combat Extreme™ fescue grass seed sets a new standard for home lawns. Not only does the Combat Extreme™ tall fescuell ever need! In our opinion, this is the best grass that we carry (for durability and hardiness) and the best turf type fescue blend on the market today!
Seeding Rate & Planting Time
- New turf: Sow 8 - 10 pounds Combat Extreme™ grass seed per 1,000 square feet or 320 - 400 lbs/acre for broadcast seeding
- Over-seeding: Sow 4 - 5 pounds tall turf type fescue grass seed per 1,000 square feet or 160 - 200 lbs per acre for broadcast over-seeding
- Planting: Plant turf type tall fescue grass seed when soil temperature reaches 55 degrees in spring up until a minimum of 6 weeks before frost in fall