Partial Shade Wild Flower Seed Mix
Partial Shade Wildflower Seeds - Partial shade wild flower seed mix is designed for those hard to establish areas that are shaded. This wildflower mix will work very well with about 40% sunshine. All wildflowers do best in full sun, and this partial shade mix will flourish and prosper in filter sun. 55% are annuals and 45% are perennials. This wild flower seed mix should grow to 24-30 inches in height.
Wild flower seed mixture includes:
- 22.00% Forget-Me-Not, Chinese
- 15.00% Candytuft, Annual
- 12.00% Cornflower, Blue
- 11.00% Baby Blue-Eyes
- 10.00% Five-Spot
- 7.00% Coreopsis, Lance Leaved
- 5.00% Pinks, Sweet William
- 4.00% Daisy, Shasta
- 4.00% Larkspur, Rocket
- 3.00% Clarkia
- 2.00% Snapdragon, Spurred
- 2.00% Poppy, Corn
- 1.00% Columbine, Mixed Colors Giant
- 1.00% Foxglove
- 1.00% Alyssum, Tall White Sweet
Seeding rate: 5 - 10 pounds per acre or 3/4 - 1 1/4 pounds per 5,000 square feet.
Question: Why such a broad range on the seeding rate?
Answer: Wild flower seed planting applications vary tremendously from the back yard flower bed to the 5 acre meadow. Various seeding rates are needed depending on the type of application you are considering. For your specific application use this for your guideline:
- For a meadow look with scattered wildflowers using the lower end of the seeding rate
- For an average display with good coverage use the middle range of the seeding rate
- For a lush stand with almost solid wildflowers choose the upper end of the seeding rate