Southwest Native Grass Seed Mix
USDA Zones: 7 - 10
Environment: Full sun to partial shade
Height: 12 - 36 inches
This drought tolerant native grass seed mixture of warm and cool-season grasses grows to a height of 12 to 36 inches. It may be planted alone or with a mixture of wildflowers. Great to use for xeriscape landscaping where water conservation is desired.
This mixture contains:
- Sideoats Grama - Bouteloua curtipendula
- Blue Grama - Bouteloua gracilis
- Plains Bristlegrass - Setaria vulpiseta
- Alkali Sacaton - Sporobolus airoides
- Indian Ricegrass - Achnatherum hymenoides
- Spike Muhly - Muhlenbergia wrightii
- Sand Dropseed - Sporobolus cryptandrus
- 1/2 lbs/1,000 square feet
- 4 lbs./acre when planting with wildflowers
- 8 lbs./acre grass mix only
Planting times: the best time to plant grass mix is late spring to mid-summer. Plant in late spring or early summer if seeding with wildflowers.
Planting range: southern ¼ of California, Arizona, New Mexico (except extreme eastern edge) and the western tip of Texas.