FIXatioN Balansa Clover
FIXatioN Balansa Clover (Trifolium Michelianum Savi) - If you are looking for a Bio-Massive clover, than look no further! This exciting and revolution clover is like no other on the market. Balansa clover is open pollinated. Flowers vary from white to pink and are attractive to bees. Leaflets are variable, with about 40% having markings. Leaf margins are commonly serrated. Allowing balansa clover to grow for 40 days past first bloom every 3 to 4 years will allow stands to persist indefinitely in no-till systems.
FIXatioN increases cash crop yields by nourishing the soil and reducing the need for expensive inputs.
- Capable of setting more than 100 units of Nitrogen per acre
- Large amount of high-quality biomass increases soil organic matter with a thick mat of organic mulch
- Growth of up to 3ft high with stems up to 8ft long suppresses spring weed growth by shading the soil and out-competing weeds for water and nutrients
- Later maturation (up to 28 days) reduces likelihood of unwanted reseeding
FIXatioN increases livestock mass and quality.
- Relative Feed Values as high as 277
- Crude protein levels range from 22% - 28%
- 5,250 lbs of extremely digestible dry matter in a single cutting
FIXationN is an economical solution.
- Small seed size reduces cost/ acre (see planting instructions)
- Capable of reseeding under proper management
- Later maturation allows for multiple cuttings/grazings
- Growth pattern accommodates intensive grazing regimes
FIXatioN protects valuable top soil.
- Deep tap root breaks up soil compaction
- Increases the water-holding capacity of soil
- Bio-massive growth and root system shades soil and prevents erosion and run-off
- 18" of root growth in just 45 days
FIXatioN compliments entire ecosystem.
- Has been shown to be a nutritious and favored food source for deer and waterfowl
- Attracts beneficial pollinators and insects
FIXatioN is geo-sensitive.
- Performs well in wet soils (including short periods of flooding)
- Survives under snow or in temperatures as low as 5 degrees without snow
- Can be either fall sown or frost seeded
- Tolerant to drought, heat, low fertility and shade
- Thrives in acid-soils where other clovers will not (well suited for soils with pH values ranging between 4.5 to 7.5)
FIXatioN complements existing or integrated crop rotation systems.
- Grows well in mixes with other cover crops - small seed size and hardiness enable it to be successfully broadcast and established with existing forage.
- Nitrogen collected in plant material is annually released back into the soil for use by grasses and crops.
- Suitable for no-till planting and in ley farming dryland systems
- NOT a host for soybean cyst nematodes
Seeding Rate Monoculture:
5 lbs/acre drilled
8 lbs/acre broadcast
Seeding Rate In Mixes:
3 lbs/acre drilled
5 lbs/acre broadcast
Planting Depth: 1/8 - 1/4 inch
Ideal Soil: Soil pH of 4.5 - 7.5, and tolerates poorly drained soils with moderate salinity.