Texas/Oklahoma Wildflower Seed Mix
Texas & Oklahoma wildflower seed mix is formulated for most of TX except the extreme Eastern and Southern parts, and most of OK except extreme Eastern part.
Wildflower seed mix includes (percentages are rounded):
- 16% Baby's Breath, Annual
- 16% Candytuft, Annual
- 10% Coneflower, Purple
- 9% Bluebonnet, Texas
- 8% Cornflower, Dwarf Blue
- 8% Coreopsis, Lance Leaved
- 8% Cosmos Sulphur Bright Lights
- 8% Indian Blanket
- 8% Sage, Scarlet
- 2% Coneflower, Clasping
- 1% Mint, lemon
- 1% Coneflower, Prairie
- 1% Black-eyed Susan
- 1% Coreopsis, Plains
- 1% Evening Primrose, Showy
Seeding rate: 1/4 LB Per 500 - 1,000 SF or 5 LBS Per 10,000 - 20,000 SF.
Question: Why such a broad range on the seeding rate?
Answer: Wildflower seed planting applications vary tremendously from the back yard flower bed to the 5 acre meadow. Various seeding rates are needed depending on the type of application you are considering. For your specific application use this for your guideline:
- For a meadow look with scattered wildflowers using the lower end of the seeding rate
- For an average display with good coverage use the middle range of the seeding rate
- For a lush stand with almost solid wildflowers choose the upper end of the seeding rate