Deer Proof Wild Flower Seed Mix
Deer Resistant Wildflower Seed - This wildflower seed mix contains flowers that deer typically do not find palatable; therefore, they leave the flowers alone and do not want to eat them. If you live in a deer heavy area, this wildflower seed mix is the one you want. This deer resistant wild flower seed mixture includes the approximate percentages:
- 17% Baby's Breath, Annual
- 13% Lupine, Perennial
- 13% Lupine, Arroyo
- 13% Lupine, Dwarf
- 9% Poppy, California
- 9% Blanketflower, Perennial
- 9% Zinnia 'Pumila Mix'
- 4% Lupine, Yellow
- 4% Poppy, Corn
- 3% Sage, Scarlet
- 2% Coreopsis, Plains
- 2% Alyssum, Tall White Sweet
- 1% Daisy, Gloriosa
- .25% Yarrow, White
- .25% Foxglove
Deer do not find these wildflowers palatable and leave it alone so you can enjoy a beautiful wildflower meadow. Grows 24-48 inches tall.
Seeding rate: 10 - 20 pounds per acre or 1 1/4 - 2 1/2 pounds per 5,000 square feet.
Question: Why such a broad range on the seeding rate?
Answer: Wild flower seed planting applications vary tremendously from the back yard flower bed to the 5 acre meadow. Various seeding rates are needed depending on the type of application you are considering. For your specific application use this for your guideline:
- For a meadow look with scattered wildflowers using the lower end of the seeding rate
- For an average display with good coverage use the middle range of the seeding rate
- For a lush stand with almost solid wildflowers choose the upper end of the seeding rate