Birds & Butterfly Wild Flower Seed Mix
Birds & Butterfly Attractant Wildflower Seeds - If you want to bring the hummingbirds and songbirds in close to home, this is the wild flower seed mix for you. The blend of special wildflowers is designed to attract birds, butterflies, and hummingbirds.
Wild flower seed mixture includes:
- 15.00% Lupine, Arroy
- 15.00% Mallow, Tree
- 15.00% Four-O'Clock
- 15.00% Nasturtium
- 8.00% Zinnia 'Pumila Mix'
- 5.00% Bird's Eyes
- 4.00% Larkspur, Rocket
- 4.00% Pinks, Sweet William
- 3.00% Snapdragon, Spurred
- 3.00% Poppy, Corn
- 3.00% Sage, Scarlet
- 3.00% Catchfly
- 2.00% Balsam
- 1.00% Columbine, Dwarf
- 1.00% Foxglove
- 1.00% Maltese Cross
- 1.00% Mint, Lemon
- 1.00% Penstemon, Rocky Mountain
Seeding rate: 10 - 20 pounds per acre or 1 1/4 - 2 1/2 pounds per 5,000 square feet.
Question: Why such a broad range on the seeding rate?
Answer: Wild flower seed planting applications vary tremendously from the back yard flower bed to the 5 acre meadow. Various seeding rates are needed depending on the type of application you are considering. For your specific application use this for your guideline:
- For a meadow look with scattered wildflowers using the lower end of the seeding rate
- For an average display with good coverage use the middle range of the seeding rate
- For a lush stand with almost solid wildflowers choose the upper end of the seeding rate