Royal TXD Bermuda Grass Seed
Royal TXD (formerly LaPrima XD) with "X-treme Density" is a Bermuda grass seed blend of superior seeded Bermuda grass cultivars selected for fast germination and establishment, combined with the highest turf quality.
This blend combines Yukon, Mirage 2 and Royal Bengal Bermuda grass seed, selected for superior turf quality, fast establishment, rapid divot recovery and good turf quality. The cultivars selected for this blend are adapted for superior performance under a broad range of environmental conditions. Royal TXD can be used for golf course tees, fairways and roughs, sports fields, home lawns, parks and commercial sites around the world.
Bermuda Grass Uses and Applications
Bermuda grass seed is ideal for use on golf courses, tees, fairways and roughs, sports fields, parks and home lawns, wherever Bermuda grass is adapted.
This Bermuda grass seed blend of top performing seeded Bermudagrasses has high genetic diversity and density to provide superior turf. After the initial establishment, the lower growing, more dense varieties will dominate under proper maintenance practices. Royal TXD grass seed can be used from the transition zone through temperate, subtropical and tropical areas of the world. This premium grass seed is easily planted, allowing for a much faster and far less expensive establishment. Royal TXD seed can be over-seeded into stands of common or other seeded Bermuda grass to improve the density and turf quality. Royal TXD seed may also be over-seeded into existing stands of vegetative, hybrid Bermuda grasses for repair.
Royal TXD Bermuda Grass Seed Establishment
- Germination: Grass seed germinates in 5 - 7 days
- Planting: Plant when soil temperature are a minimum of 65F
- First mowing: 18 - 21 days, depending on usage
- Full coverage in 4-6 weeks under ideal conditions
- New Turf: Sow 2–3 pounds of coated Royal TXD Bermuda grass seed/1,000 sq feet. Coated seeds are easier to spread and retain moisture better which improves germination.
- Repair or Existing Turf: Sow 0.5–1.5 pounds of coated Royal TXD Bermudagrass seed/1,000 sq. Coated seeds are easier to spread and retain moisture better which improves germination.
Bermuda Grass Features
- Excellent turf quality and high density
- Fast germinating Bermuda grass seed for rapid cover
- Excellent winter color retention
- Vibrant, dark green color
- Drought tolerant
- High winter hardiness
Bermuda Grass Benefits
- Adapted for all maintenance levels
- Excellent wear tolerance
- Tolerates poor quality and effluent water
- High performance from transition zone to the equator
- Rapid divot recovery and can easily establish new Bermudagrass seed
- Uniform Bermuda grass turf surface
- High fertilizer efficiency
- Withstands variable soil conditions
The Grass Seed Certification program establishes the genetic purity and germination of varieties, blends, and mixtures. The certification process begins with the proper field history before production and continues through the bagging of a grass seed lot with every step independently verified by Seed Certification personnel. Each bermuda grass seed lot to be certified is sampled by Certification personnel and tested in the state seed laboratory, so the grass seed you buy is the seed that was tested If even one standard in this process failed, the lot is uncertified. You can rest assured that your bermuda grass seed is certified!